Bring our #REALMEDIAGIRL Workshop to YOUR school or organization!
#REALMEDIAGIRL (def.): a girl who uses social media to be her true self, speak up for what she believes in, and lift up other girls
According to a recent study, “Social media is creating a mental-health crisis for our girls” (Royal Society Public Health, 2018). Girls log on to feel more connected with their peers; they typically log off feeling lonelier and more insecure about their bodies and their lives in general. In our 90-minute #REALMEDIAGIRL workshop, taught to thousands of girls, we teach participants to think critically about how they use social media and provide concrete ways to change their behavior.
What she’ll learn in the workshop:
- How social media specifically impacts girls’ well-being based on current trends and research
- New ways to think critically about technology and its potential for good/bad
- How to identify the made-up “girl rules” on social media that amp up insecurity and loneliness for girls
- New ways girls are committing to making social media more uplifting and positive for themselves
- How girls can band together to transform social-media culture into a healthier space for all of us
The impact we’re making:
- 94% of our participants said that “Based on the workshop, they believe girls have the power to make social media more positive if they work together.”
- 96% of our participants say that “Based on the workshop, they will change their own behavior to make social media more positive and empowering, and can site two specific ways they will do so.
If you’re a parent, please share the link above with the educator in your school, camp or organization.