Position: Programming Manager
Position Summary: MEDIAGIRLS is looking for a self-motivated, passionate individual to serve as our Programming Manager. We are seeking a team player with a roll-up-your-sleeves approach who enjoys building new and authentic relationships with others. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for managing all of our programming and relationships with school partners, certified trainers, and parents as well as leading our programming workshops and training. This position will also work in partnership with the Executive Director and other volunteers to manage all marketing and communication efforts. This position will assist in the execution of three key organizational priorities: Building Out the #REALMEDIAGIRL Workshop, Storytelling the MG Way, and Inclusive Community Building.
Program Recruitment & Retention
- Initiate New and Continue Engaging with Existing School, Community, and Nonprofit Partners
- Formalize a partnership with Boston Public Schools
- Create a programming growth strategy for targeting new partners, especially increasing reach in underserved communities
- Implement aggressive recruitment tactics with other community and nonprofit partners
- Create strategy for building sustainable partnerships with existing partners
Program Management and Maintenance
- Implement and maintain Google Classroom and Zoom business account as main online hosting platforms
- Develop a library of resources for trainers to utilize in order to better support the completion of the workshop
- Lead trainings on the #REALMEDIAGIRL Workshop for new licensing partners
- Facilitate workshops for girls+, parents, and educators
- Review survey info every semester to ensure quality program delivery
- Review surveying questions and update method for surveying
- Conduct qualitative interviews and take photos of girls from program
- Engage key stakeholders in curriculum review each year
- Create new workshop offerings that build upon the #REALMEDIAGIRL Workshop
- Update images, references, and content throughout #REALMEDIAGIRL Workshop and #REALMEDIAGIRL Curriculum
- Create multilingual program offerings
- Create an engagement strategy for how we want girls to stay connected with MG after taking programming or even before
Marketing & Communications
- Implement a Social Media Strategy and Action Plan
- Establish clear social media guidelines and strategy
- Implement a scheduling tool to allow for pre-planning of social media posts
- Create a TikTok account that promotes girls to be creating more positive content
- Create branding guidelines w/ consistent messaging
- Standardize slide decks, Programming Newsletter, and all other marketing collateral
- Better communicate the need for impact in all of our marketing efforts
- Create a quarterly Donor Magazine & Annual Report to better communicate impact and programming updates
- Lead website transition to low-cost, better accessible website upgrade to increase SEO optimization
- Conduct monthly audits of website analytics
Inclusive Community Building
- Continue to build out Youth Advisory Board and set strategy for engagement
- Select YAB Lead to remind members about missions, serve as youth representative during workshops, and create social and editorial content.
- Develop topical, monthly missions for the YAB.
- Compile responses into monthly missions in a blog post and post on the MEDIAGIRLS website.
- Lead YAB recruitment beginning in April.
- Recruit a diverse group of girls for YAB
- Empower girls to be the creators on social media and post topics that they can respond to
- Support Build out of online Parent Community and Parent Advisory Board
- Build out Certified Trainer Community and recruit a diverse group of certified trainers including college women
- Bachelor’s degree, with at least 3 years’ experience in program management, including previous experience with program planning and implementation;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks and programs;
- Ability to nurture a wide-range of relationships, understand how to appropriately and continually engage partners in the program
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to convey complex information so that it is easily understood by the public
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Some travel to partner sites may be required when it is safe to do so
- Passion for the MEDIAGIRLS mission
- Bilingual a plus
Salary and Benefits: The position offers a competitive salary and generous paid time off, as well as professional and leadership development opportunities.
Application Process: Please submit a resume and cover letter to Angela Scott, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Programming Manager Applicant” in the subject line. In the cover letter, please give at least two examples of new girl workshops you would pitch to the team.