Young people need support as they begin to navigate social media as critical consumers.
Raising a #REALMEDIAGIRL: A Workshop for Parents and Educators
In our 90-minute Raising a #REALMEDIAGIRL Workshop, parents and educators learn how to help young people:
- Identify media’s “perfect” girl and toxic beauty standards displayed through social media platforms, celebrities, influencers, advertisements, and other forms of media.
- Evaluate their true self-worth outside of physical appearance.
- Think critically about social media and online behaviors.
- Create new, healthy social media norms grounded in authenticity.
Anti-Racism Workshop: How Girls Can Use Social Media To Take Down Racism
In our Anti-Racism Workshop, parents and educators learn how to support young people and budding activists by discussing:
- Inspiring Young Leaders Fighting for Racial Justice
- How Racism Manifests on Different Social Media Platforms
- How Young People are Using Their Social Media to Speak Up and Spread Awareness about Racism
- How We Can All Be Authentic, Anti-Racist Activists Online and Offline.
TikTok: What Should I Know?
In our TikTok Workshop, parents and educators learn the basics of TikTok and how to help the young people in their lives foster a healthy relationship with the app.
- TikTok: An Overview
- The Benefits and Drawbacks of TikTok
- How to Maximize the Benefits of TikTok
Questions? Contact Executive Director Angela Scott at email@example.com.