What does licensing include?
- A 90-minute training to become certified
- Materials needed to teach our 90-minute workshop (script plus PowerPoints)
- Letter for parents that explains our workshop
- Support from our staff, if requested
- Relevant news updates throughout the school year to stay current
What makes this workshop on girls & social media unique?
Our programming is based on activities and brainstorming sessions we do with thousands of girls, so it is relevant and proven to be engaging. We go beyond teaching girls to think critically about social media; we give them concrete tools for how to change their attitudes and behavior on social media.
What about the boys for co-ed schools?
Yes, we recognize that media is doing no favor to our boys. That said, girls use social media very differently, outnumber boys 2:1 on it, and suffer a bigger emotional hit from it. They need their own space to talk about it. That said, we can recommend screening The Mask You Live In, which discusses the pressures of masculinity found on media.
Interested in learning more about fees and licensing our #REALMEDIAGIRL Workshop?
Contact: Angela Scott, Executive Director MEDIAGIRLS at email@example.com.