Position: Director of Development
Position Summary: MEDIAGIRLS is looking for a mid-career development professional to serve as our Director of Development. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for major gift and individual donor outreach, securing and maintaining public and private funding through grant proposals and applications, and raising unrestricted revenue through an annual fund campaign, corporate sponsorships, and community fundraising events. The person who takes this position will inherit the MEDIAGIRLS relationship with foundations and other funders, strategic plan for growth, and list of our diverse revenue streams.
Implement and Build Out a Major Gifts and Donor Stewardship Program
- Create a clear Donor Recognition & Communication Plan
- Create Giving Societies, in collaboration with a moves management strategy to encourage larger gifts from new and existing donors
- Improve Major Donor Prospecting efforts and create major donor specific events
- Create a monthly giving program with a clear rollout plan
Improve Management of Foundational Giving
- Create and manage a multi-year grants solicitation pipeline and schedule
- Manage all grants through their full lifecycle from writing compelling narratives through final reporting
- Maintain and deepen existing foundation relations
- Identify prospects and secure new foundation supporters
Increase Financial Impact of Fundraising Events
- Host two fundraising events per year in the fall and spring
- Create a list of prospective sponsorships organizations as well as a plan for partnership
Launch a More Formalized and Strategic Corporate Sponsorship Program
- Create a strategy for different levels of corporate sponsorships
- Develop assets and materials around what benefits packages come with sponsoring MEDIAGIRLS
- Create a list of prospective corporations to contact and partner with
- Create a strategy for how we recognize and continue to engage sponsors
- 5+ years of experience with prospect research, moves management, grant writing and best practices in corporate sponsorships, individual giving and major gifts
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience in building and maintaining a major gifts program along with asking for major gifts
- Experience managing grants (applications, reporting, stewardship), with a proven track record of securing grants from corporate and foundation funders
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write with clarity and accuracy
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and initiatives.
- Flexibility and an ability to thrive and learn in our fast-paced environment while bringing an enthusiastic, collaborative approach to your work.
- Passion for the MEDIAGIRLS mission
Salary and Benefits: The position offers a competitive salary and generous paid time off, as well as holidays.
Application Process: Please submit a resume and cover letter to Angela Scott, Executive Director at email@example.com with “Director of Development Applicant” in the subject line. In the cover letter, please give at least one example of your experience that ties directly toward one of the four responsibilites outlined in the job description.