TRAININGS ARE HOSTED EVERY MONTH ON THE FIRST THURSDAY FROM 6-8PM EST.
Next Training: August 4th, 2021
BECOME A CERTIFIED MEDIAGIRLS TRAINER!
We welcome authentic, positive, and joyful volunteers who are committed to teaching girls+ to become critical media consumers. Certified Trainers are parents, teachers, school administrators and staff, college students, and other mentors who are passionate about bringing social media literacy and critical media literacy to the girls+ in their community.
Our 90-minute #REALMEDIAGIRL Workshop can easily fit into a health class, advisory, elective, or afterschool program. Once certified, Trainers are able to teach the course whenever and however best works for you and your girls+ with virtual support from MEDIAGIRLS staffers.
We are currently offering virtual certification training monthly on the first Thursday of every month from 6-8PM EST. Sign up for our next certification training!
- 94% of Girls+ said that “Based on the Workshop, they believe girls have the power to work together to make social media more positive.”
- 96% of Girls+ say “based on the Workshop, they will change their own behavior” to make social media more positive and empowering for all girls and can cite two specific ways they will do so.
- 86% of Certified Trainers agree that the #REALMEDIAGIRL Certification Training better prepared them to understand social media’s influence on girls’+ emotional well-being.
- 100% of Certified Trainers agree that #REALMEDIAGIRL Certification Training better prepared them to guide girls+ in making more positive social media choices.
- 100% of Certified Trainers agree that The #REALMEDIAGIRL Workshop helped their students better understand the impact that social media has on their well-being.
- 86% of Certified Trainers agree that The #REALMEDIAGIRL Workshop will help their students be more intentional about how they post on social media sites.
- 100% of Certified Trainers would be interested in teaching this workshop again next year.